Poole’s Cavern & Buxton Country Park, Green Lane, Buxton, SK17 9DH
T: 01298 26978
Book your tour tickets: poolescavern.co.uk
Entry / Cost: Poole’s Cavern: Adults £14.50 (aged over 16 years), Child £6.80 (aged 5 – 16 years, Family £37.50 (2 Adults, up to 3 Children), Students/Seniors £12 (with valid ID), BCA Members £0 (Must produce card on arrival). All tours must be booked in advance online.
Opening Times: Summer opening times – March to October 9.30am – 5pm, tours every 30 minutes. Winter opening times – November – February open 10am – 4pm
Tours at regular intervals – check bookings for availability. Tours take approximately 45 minutes.
- All cavern tours must be booked in advance online. We cannot guarantee entry for walk up visitors.
- Group sizes are limited to allow for social distancing and space to see the cavern and hear the guide.
- Tours start promptly at the booked time. Please arrive in good time, we cannot guarantee entry for late arrivals. We cannot refund tickets for late arrivals.
- This visitor attraction has decided to maintain social distancing and other mitigation measures, until otherwise announced.
- Visitors with any additional needs requiring assistance can call 01298 26978 or email [email protected] to arrange your visit.
- Poole’s Cavern gift shop and Visitor Centre is open.
- Café in the Cavern is open.
- Trained and expert guides will escort you through the beautiful underground world of Poole’s cavern in a small group and at a relaxed pace to enjoy this ‘Wonder of the Peak District’.
- The country park woodland trails are open all hours.
- Large outdoor picnic area with tables.
Take a journey deep beneath the limestone hills and discover caverns millions years old!
Spectacular crystal stalactites and stalagmites adorn the vast chambers with some of the largest in Derbyshire.
Woodland walks: The woodland path leads from the car park to the open summit pastures of Grin Low, 437m (1,434ft) above sea level. Whether you are here to picnic, play games, tackle Go Ape, track down plants and birds, or just enjoy stunning views – there’s a wide range of wildlife to see here too.
The country park woodland trails to famous Buxton landmark Solomon’s Temple viewpoint, are open all hours for everyone to enjoy. Can you find all the wooden sculptures along the way?
School groups: Find out more about tailored tours, teacher’s resource packs, cost and travel arrangements on their website.
Catering for groups up to 30 inc. school and youth groups – the separate learning and conference room is perfect for meetings in beautiful surroundings.
Go Ape Tree Top Adventure is also located here – boasting one of Go Ape’s highest adventure courses with zip wires, high ropes, aerial walkways and much more.
‘Cafe in the Cavern’ serves a range of hot food, light snacks, homemade soup, hot and cold drinks (gluten free bread available), ice cream, homemade cakes and a range of vegetarian and gluten free options. If you’ve worked up a thirst exploring the woodlands, cavern or Go Ape forest adventure course then this is the place to replenish. Try the all day breakfast for hungry explorers!
The Stalactite Rock shop sells a wide collection of rocks, minerals, gemstones, fossils and jewellery from around the world. Onyx carved gifts, candle holders, stone goblets etc. Guide Books, maps nature guides and other local interest publications. Cottage Delight Jams, Chutneys and preserves. Balms, and soaps from the Bakewell Soap Co.