Poole’s Cavern & Buxton Country Park, Green Lane, Buxton, SK17 9DH
T: 01298 26978
Entry / Cost: Poole’s Cavern: Adults £11 (ages over 16 years), Child £5.50, Family £28 (2 Adults, up to 3 Children), Students/Seniors £9 (with valid ID)
Opening Times: Cavern due to re-open fully on 17th May 2021. Currently the café is operating a takeaway service for hot and cold drinks and snacks.
- Visitors can enjoy small group tours of no more than 6 people in the cavern – as per the latest government restrictions on limiting social gatherings to 6 people. All tours must be pre-booked via their website (see link at the footer). Poole’s Cavern gift shop and Visitor Centre is also open.
- Cafe in the Cavern remains closed at this time due to the need for repairs and refurbishment.
- Sanitiser stations are on entry and throughout the visitor centre, regular enhanced cleaning and diligent fully trained staff to welcome you.
- Outdoor ‘Pop up’ Café is offering limited take away food service currently – tea, coffee and snacks.
- Trained and expert guides will escort you through the beautiful underground world of Poole’s cavern in a small group and at a relaxed pace to enjoy this ‘Wonder of the Peak District’.
- Outside picnic tables available.
- Clear social distancing signs both through the visitor centre and cavern.
- Staff provided with appropriate PPE at all times.
- Friendly service, advice and assistance at all times.
- Go Ape treetop adventures are now open
Take a journey deep beneath the limestone hills and discover caverns millions years old!
Spectacular crystal stalactites and stalagmites adorn the vast chambers with some of the largest in Derbyshire.
Woodland walks: The woodland path leads from the car park to the open summit pastures of Grin Low, 437m (1,434ft) above sea level. Whether you are here to picnic, play games, tackle Go Ape, track down plants and birds, or just enjoy stunning views – there’s a wide range of wildlife to see here too.
The country park woodland trails to famous Buxton landmark Solomon’s Temple viewpoint, are open all hours for everyone to enjoy. Can you find all the wooden sculptures along the way?
School groups: Find out more about tailored tours, teacher’s resource packs, cost and travel arrangements on their website.
Catering for groups up to 30 inc. school and youth groups – the separate learning and conference room is perfect for meetings in beautiful surroundings.
Go Ape Tree Top Adventure is also located here – boasting one of Go Ape’s highest adventure courses with zip wires, high ropes, aerial walkways and much more.
‘Cafe in the Cavern’ serves light snacks, homemade soup, hot and cold drinks (gluten free bread available), ice cream, homemade cakes and a range of hot food. If you’ve worked up a thirst exploring the woodlands, cavern or Go Ape forest adventure course then this is the place to replenish. Try the all day breakfast for hungry explorers!
The Stalactite Rock shop sells a wide collection of rocks, minerals, gemstones, fossils and jewellery from around the world. Onyx carved gifts, candle holders, stone goblets etc. Guide Books, maps nature guides and other local interest publications. Cottage Delight Jams, Chutneys and preserves. Balms, and soaps from the Bakewell Soap Co.