Poole’s Cavern & Buxton Country Park, Green Lane, Buxton, SK17 9DH
Tel: 01298. 26978
Entry / Cost: Poole’s Cavern: Adults £9.95, Child £5.50, Family £27 (2 Adults, up to 3 Children), Students/Seniors £8.75
- Take a journey deep beneath the limestone hills and discover caverns millions years old!
- Spectacular crystal stalactites and stalagmites adorn the vast chambers with some of the largest in Derbyshire.
- Woodland walks: The woodland path leads from the car park to the open summit pastures of Grin Low, 437m (1,434ft) above sea level. Whether you are here to picnic, play games, tackle Go Ape, track down plants and birds, or just enjoy stunning views – there’s a wide range of wildlife to see here too.
- School groups: Find out more about tailored tours, teacher’s resource packs, cost and travel arrangements on their website.
- Catering for groups up to 30 inc. school and youth groups – the separate learning and conference room is perfect for meetings in beautiful surroundings.
- Go Ape Tree Top Adventure is also located here – boasting one of Go Ape’s highest adventure courses with zip wires, high ropes, aerial walkways and much more.
- ‘Cafe in the Cavern’ serving light snacks, soup, hot drinks (gluten free bread available), ice cream, cakes and cold drinks.has a range of hot food and snacks, warm and cold beverages. If you’ve worked up a thirst exploring the woodlands, cavern or Go Ape Forest adventure course then this is the place to replenish. Try the all day breakfast for hungry explorers!
- Stalactite Rock shop selling collection of rocks, minerals, gemstones, fossils and jewellery from around the world. Onyx carved gifts, candle holders, stone goblets etc. Guide Books, maps nature guides and other local interest publications. Cottage Delight Jams, Chutneys and preserves. Balms, and soaps from the Bakewell Soap Co.
November to February open 10am – 4pm
March to October 9.30am – 5pm
Tours begin every 20 minutes in the cavern with the last tour starting at 4.30pm
The Cafe @ The Cavern serves food daily from 9.30 am to 4pm