The Pavilion Gardens Buxton, St. John’s Road, Buxton, SK17 6BE
Tel: 01298. 23114
The Pavilion Gardens host hundreds of events and fairs throughout the year.
Among the regular events held are Artist and Designer fairs, Farmers Markets, Jewellery and Craft fairs, Toy fairs, Book fairs, Saturday Bazaars, Afternoon Dances and more. In addition to these fantastic fairs, they also host a range of seasonal events that are full of family fun. The seasonal events consist of an eclectic mix of popular stalls, live music, children’s rides and entertainment alongside season specific activities.
What’s on in 2018 (more dates for events will added during the year):
Weekend Market 10th February – 29th April, 10am – 4pm
Mini Market inc. Farmers’ Market 5th April, 9.30am – 2.30pm
H&H Classic Car Auction 25th April, from 1pm
Buxton Farmers’ Market 3rd May, 9.30am – 2.30pm
Buxton Rocks Music Festival, 5th May, from 12 noon
Spring Spectacular, 26th, 27th, 28th May, 10am – 5pm
Buxton Night Food & Drink Festival, 13th July, 4pm – 11pm (night before carnival)
Buxton Night Food & Drink Festival, Friday 20th July, 4pm – 11pm (During festival)
Festival – Food, Drink & Summer Fete Weekend, 21st & 22nd July, 10am – 5pm (During festival)
Special Summer Market, Thursday 2nd Aug, 9.30am – 3pm.
Bank Holiday Special, 25th, 26th, 27th August, 10am – 5 pm (August BH)
Great Peak District Fair, 13th, 14th October, 10am – 5pm.
Grand Bazaar and Christmas Light Switch-On, 23rd November, 2pm – 8pm
Christmas Fair, 9th, 10th December, 10am – 5pm.
- Dating back to 1871, nestled in 23 acres of gardens with water features, lakes and miniature railway.
- Pavilion Cafe and Coffee Bar offers both light snacks, full menu, hot and cold drinks and ice-cream.
- Gallery in the Gardens showcases 40 local artist’s works and members of High Peak Artists group.
- Tourist Information Centre is located within the Gift Boutique where knowledgable staff can offer local tourist information about Buxton and the Peak District area.
- There is a year round programme of events of markets, fairs and children’s activities as well as special events during Easter, summer and at Christmas.
- The Gift Boutique sells a wide range of gifts, kitchenalia, children’s toy’s, postcards, books, locally made deli foods, locally made craft ales, a wide range of walking maps and more.
- Parking is available on site at the 270 space parking bay located on the corner of St. John’s Road and Burlington Road. Please note that the under section of the car park closes and is locked between the hours of 6:00pm and 8:00am. Cars wishing to be released after 6pm and before 8am will incur a charge. There are eight disabled car parking bays on the lower level of the car park.
- Coach parking: Pavilion Gardens allows coaches to drop their passengers off on the Promenade by prior arrangement. Coach parking is available on Burlington Rd (SK17 9AY). Coaches can also park on the Promenade provided that they have arranged this prior to visiting. Additionally the Sylvan Coach park is situated off the roundabout at the intersection of the A6/A53. For directions you can contact the Pavilion Gardens.
Opening times are as follows:
February and March, Monday to Sunday 11am – 4pm
April, May & June, Monday to Friday 10am – 5pm, Saturday & Sunday 10.30am – 5pm
July & August, Monday to Sunday, 10am – 5pm
September Monday to Sunday 10.30am – 5pm
October & November Monday to Sunday 10.30am – 4pm
December Monday to Sunday 11am – 4pm
Christmas Day: closed
TripAdvisor Rating & Latest Reviews
Location & Map
For more information and full details of events and what’s on at Pavilion Gardens for 2018, go to www.paviliongardens.co.uk