Gallery in the Gardens, Pavilion Gardens, St. John’s Road, Buxton, SK17 6BE
T: 07849 673058 / 01298 23114
- Established in 1996 when Maurice Roberts, the manager of the Pavilion Gardens, having allowed local artists to sell their work outside the swimming pool, the group established itself in the Pump Room before moving to their current home at the Grade II listed Pavilion Gardens in 2009.
- The group now has 43 members covering a multitude of disciplines including various forms of painting; printmaking, photography, ceramics, sculpture, glass, wood, textiles & jewellery.
- Everything you see at the exhibition is available to buy, so you can find something truly unique and even collect pieces by your favourite artist.
- Many members offer tuition in their artform like Pauline Townsend – silk painting; Carl Longmate – oil painting; Hannah Dodd – feltmaking; Caroline Chouler – ceramics; Dave & Jan Butcher – photography; Eric Wilson – wildlife painting; Adele Kime – jewellery; Louise Jannetta – printmaking and David Woodrow – painting & drawing.
- A waiting list operates and membership is by selection for artists who wish to exhibit. Get in touch to find out more..
- All members are local artists & makers and the group receives no external funding and is entirely self-sufficient.
- High Peak Artists also hold regular seasonal exhibitions in the Art Café (upstairs) in the Pavilion Gardens and also have a special annual exhibition during July as part of the Buxton Festival Fringe.
- Lunch with a full menu is available in the Pavilion Gardens Café which has a soft play area and the Gift Boutique offers a wide range of homewares, gifts, greeting cards, wrapping paper and children’s toys.
February and March, Monday to Sunday 11am – 4pm
April, May & June, Monday to Friday 10am – 5pm, Saturday & Sunday 10.30am – 5pm
July & August, Monday to Sunday, 10am – 5pm
September Monday to Sunday 10.30am – 5pm
October & November Monday to Sunday 10.30am – 4pm
December Monday to Sunday 11am – 4pm
Christmas Day: closed