Gallery in the Gardens, Pavilion Gardens, St. John’s Road, Buxton, SK17 6BE
T: 07849 673058 / 01298 23114
Opening Times: Re-opened (under non-essential retail) on 12th April 2021. Open Monday – Sunday 9.30am – 5pm.
- Social distancing measures are in place.
- Hand sanitisers for customer use.
- In line with UK government guidelines, visitors are required to wear a face covering inside the gallery, unless exempt.
- The Retail Arcade – opening TBC.
- Established in 1996 when Maurice Roberts, the manager of the Pavilion Gardens, having allowed local artists to sell their work outside the swimming pool, the group established itself in the Pump Room before moving to their current home at the Grade II listed Pavilion Gardens in 2009. The gallery is located inside the Retail Arcade.
The group now has over 40 members covering a multitude of disciplines including various forms of painting; printmaking, photography, ceramics, sculpture, glass, wood, textiles & jewellery.
Everything you see at the exhibition is available to buy, so you can find something truly unique and even collect pieces by your favourite artist.
Many members offer tuition in their art form like Pauline Townsend – silk painting; Carl Longmate – oil painting; Hannah Dodd – felt-making; Caroline Chouler – ceramics; Dave & Jan Butcher – photography; Eric Wilson – wildlife painting; Adele Kime – jewellery; Louise Jannetta – printmaking and David Woodrow – painting & drawing.
A waiting list operates and membership is by selection for artists who wish to exhibit. Get in touch to find out more.
All members are local artists & makers and the group receives no external funding and is entirely self-sufficient.
High Peak Artists also hold regular seasonal exhibitions in the Pavilion Gardens and also have a special annual exhibition during July as part of the Buxton Festival Fringe.
Lunch with a full menu is available in the Pavilion Kitchen and Team Rooms. The Retail Arcade alongside the gallery offers a wide range of local food and drink produce, homewares, gifts, greeting cards, wrapping paper and children’s toys.