Buxton Opera House
Water Street, Buxton, SK17 6XN
Tel: 0845. 127 2190 / 01298 72190
- Frank Matcham designed 902 seat theatre dating back to 1903, displaying both a spectacular exterior and interior.
- The year-round programme offers drama, comedy, music, family events and opera and the theatre is home to the annual Buxton International Festival as well as many other regular festivals.
- The theatre runs regular tours open to the general public, where you can find out in detail about its history and see inside the spectacular auditorium. They also offer private tours for groups of 10 or more. Check their website for more details or call 01298 72050.
- Extensive programme for children and young people both seasonally and regular weekly clubs.
- Coffee mornings are held most Saturdays in the Dress Circle bar hosted by Friends of Buxton Opera House, where you can enjoy light refreshments and volunteers give visitors short tours of the theatre.
- Buxton Opera House has a large and lively pool of volunteers – check their website if you wish to find out more or how get involved.
- 3 wheelchair spaces are available in the stalls seats in the theatre at ground floor level and there is a specially adapted toilet.
- Parking can be found nearby at the main Pavilion Gardens car park, in and around Buxton town centre or at the Waitrose car park at Springs Shopping Centre.
For more information and to check the full programme of events, go to www.buxtonoperahouse.org.uk