Buxton Visitor Centre, The Pump Room, The Crescent, Buxton, SK17 6BQ
T: 01298 214577
Opening Times: Monday CLOSED, Tuesday – Saturday 10am – 4.30pm, Sunday 10.30am – 4pm. Opening times may change subject to the on-going current situation.
COVID-19 Information for visitors:
- Daily staff health checks (staff will not attend the Visitor Centre if they or anyone in their household exhibit Covid-19 symptoms)
- Created more space in the building by moving display units and furniture to edges of the room
- Introduced a maximum capacity of 12 members of the public at any one time.
- Installed new screens at the main sales and information desk, to prevent the spread of infection and allow social distancing between staff and visitors
- Increased cleaning and hygiene measures – staff hand washing, providing hand sanitiser to visitors on arrival, and regularly cleaning surfaces
- Floor markers to help visitors remain 2m apart
- One way entry and exit system for visitors
- Visitors are asked to wear face coverings where possible when entering the building
- Browse items in the shops with your eyes and avoid touching items
- Use contactless payments if possible
The highly knowledgable and experienced team of staff at Buxton Visitor Centre (The Pump Room) can help you plan your trip and offer information on Buxton, the High Peak and the Peak District area.
A wide range local information leaflets can be found here as well as free town maps.
The gift shop offers a wide range of quality locally sourced gifts and bespoke and exclusive souvenirs as well as a range of greeting cards and postcards, maps and a range of local interest books.
A carefully chosen selection of items are available from David Mellor; internationally known designer and manufacturer of high quality table and kitchenware.
Derbyshire jewellers C.W Sellors have created a bespoke range of sterling silver jewellery inspired by the Crescent facade and the oval shape of the pool in the Pump Room, available exclusively for sale here; the collection features white Carrara marble – representing the interior of the Pump Room – and the finest cut Derbyshire blue John gemstone.
There is also a jewellery range made with real flowers handcrafted with sterling silver by Shrieking Violet featuring British flowers at their best.
Many of the items in the shop reflect the spa heritage of Buxton as well as the Georgian and Victorian elegance of the town.
The unique range of glass bottles give visitors the opportunity to fill them at St Ann’s Spring outside the Visitor Centre.
Buxton Crescent Heritage Experience: Opening soon.
All future events are currently postponed until further notice.
Ticket bookings for events
Bookings for all paid events can be made via Buxton Opera House, either online at buxtonoperahouse.org or in person or over the phone at the Box Office, Tel: 01298 72190. Tickets can also be purchased in person at Buxton Visitor Centre. Please quote your BCHT membership number for a ticket discount. For students discount, please present your current student I.D card.
Pump Room Hire for events
The Grade II listed Pump Room (Now Buxton Visitor Centre) is available to hire for evenings throughout the year. Opposite The Crescent in the heart of Buxton, it is a perfect venue for a very special function, reception, business event, cultural performance or social gathering. Click here for further details or contact Liz Mackenzie, Development and Events Manager via email [email protected] or call 01298 338441.