Buxton Market, Market Place, Buxton, SK17 6JY
Every Tuesdays & Saturdays
- Buxton is England’s highest market town at over 1,030 feet and the regular outdoor market is held on Tuesdays and Saturdays throughout the year from 9am to 4pm. There is a great choice for a range of your needs from food including fresh fish, fruit and vegetables, household goods, clothes, gifts and much more.
- Alongside the regular market there are specialist markets and events throughout the year. Dates for 2018 will be published very soon.
- Visitors can find parking very close by at The Slopes or on Market Street or alternatively in the main Pavilion Gardens car park – located a short 10 minute walk from the market.
- A number of restaurants, cafes, pubs and visitor attractions such as Buxton Museum & Art Gallery and Discover Buxton heritage tours are also nearby as well as the town centre which is in close proximity to the market.
- Buxton Market can be easily reached via public transport: High Peak Buses run regular services from Manchester and town services from Harpur Hill and Fairfield. Buses stop right on the market. Northern Trains serve Buxton directly on the Buxton to Manchester line and operate generally every hour – the train station is a 10-15 minute walk to the market.
- Buxton Markets provides a range of options for traders, with some pitches offering an electrical supply and pitches for specially adapted vehicles.
- The market is held throughout the year – look out for the special Christmas Market held in December.
For more information or if you wish to enquire about a stall on either of the market days, go to www.buxtonmarkets.co.uk or Tel: 07487 764038
Follow Buxton Market on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Buxtonmarket
Special Events 2018
Craft, Quirky, Vintage & Flea Market
When: Every first Saturday, starting in April: 7th April, 5th May, 2nd June, 7th July, 4th August, 1st September, 6th October, 3rd November, 1st December.
Late Summer Food Festival
When: Saturday 22nd September
Christmas Market, with seasonal activities, late opening
More details coming soon.
When: Saturday 15th December