Did you know you can pay for car parking digitally using your phone in all Buxton and High Peak Council car parks? Introduced in December 2021, the PayByPhone scheme offers motorists a convenient and alternative method of payment at pay and display machines, using a smart phone.
Each car park has its own unique Location Number to be quoted when paying.
Why should you use PayByPhone?
- No need to worry about having the right change on you.
- No need to go on the hunt for the nearest Pay and Display machine
- No need to display a ticket in your vehicle
- Encourages safe practices such as social distancing
- Get text message reminders sent to your phone before your parking runs out
- No need to rush back to your vehicle – you can extend your parking session from your phone
Motorists can download the app to register or register online to pay for their parking from their mobile phone. Payments also be made by calling *0330 400 7275* or texting 65565. The PayByPhone web page provides further information, as well as demonstration videos that are available on YouTube on how to use the App and service: paybyphone.co.uk/Tutorials
PayByPhone have also developed a self-service support centre on their website available here paybyphone.co.uk/help
The PayByPhone service includes the following features:
- Optional SMS reminders and receipts.
- Email receipts
- VAT receipts
- Countdown timer on the app
- The option to extend parking (within parking restrictions)
- Multiple vehicles and cards added on to one account
For more information: paybyphone.co.uk/HighPeak
Car Parks in Buxton
Head over to our dedicated page listing of all car parks in Buxton (inc. number of spaces in each).