Cavendish Arcade – Originally Buxton Baths

Share With Friends

Where: (Next to The Crescent and opposite The Slopes) Cavendish Arcade, SK17 6BQ

  • Original site of the natural water springs discovered by the Roman’s 
  • The current building was built from 1852 – 1853 by Henry Currey, the Duke of Devonshire’s architect
  • History of the famous baths can seen in the arcade as well as the attractive tile freezes throughout
  • Now home to an array of stylish and independent shops and a cafe with outdoor terrace

Top tip 2

 

 

*See one of the original hot baths, on display inside the arcade located outside Wild Olive

More information:

www.cavendisharcade.co.uk/history